Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Seen but not believed...

A friend and fellow stitcher, in the the market for a used machine, asked me to have a look at eBay and get back to her if I found anything I thought was noteworty. I did. Contained in a listing for a Bernina Virtuosa 160:


The machine is in great working order but does have a few flaws. We got the machine fro a retiring tailor who wasn't much on keeping things in order. It has 3 of its original 6 feet, An optional accessory, The RUFFLER/PLEATING attachment, The arm cover / attachment tray and the foot control & cord. It is missing some feet, The bobbin door cover, knee lift arm and instruction book. You can get these items at any bernina store for around $100.


While I think we'd all agree the $100.00 figure is inasanely optimistic, the machine could still be made whole. But then I realized the machine had a larger issue:





My Bernina wasn't offered with the ashtray. I feel cheated, bitter.

2 comments:

  1. You bought it? I sew on a 131, but the light is blinking, which I think, is a sign that a motherboard is about to blow. So I'm real easy on the girl. I just recently purchased a Viking Platinum . . . oh [groan], it doesn't compare.

    It's missing the bobbin door cover?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent the listing to my friend. She agreed with me that the ashtray was a bit of a turn-off and didn't really reflect much care and concern for the machine. I was amazed that someone wouldn't think to remove the ashtray before they listed. Alas!

    ReplyDelete